We recommend Cobalt private health insurance for those who hold private maternity care and their treatment in a private hospital in high priority. The health insurance does not include full coverage of outpatient care.
Cobalt private health insurance covers the costs of private maternity and newborn care within 30 days after giving birth up to 3.250.000 HUF. The insurance covers the costs of hospital treatment, inpatient and outpatient surgery.
The health insurance covers among others the following:
- Costs of inpatient treatments up to 487.500.000 HUF/year all over the world (except for USA).
- Costs of private maternity and newborn care (available only in Hungary and after 12 months of continuous cover).
- Costs of treating critical illnesses.
- Costs of home nursing following inpatient treatment (up to 30 days).
- Costs of dental treatment up to 812.500 HUF.
Cobalt health insurance covers the below medical treatments
The overall maximum limit of the health insurance is 487.500.000 HUF/year/individual.
- Hospital costs, including hospital room with board and general nursing care.
- Parent accommodation. If the insured patient is underage and treated for an illness that is covered by this health insurance then one of the parents may stay in the same hospital room. The health insurance covers the hospital costs (accommodation and board) of one parent.
- Operating theatre fees. The health insurance covers the costs of the operating room, recovery room, medicines, general nursing care and equipment used during and after the operation.
- Intensive care and high dependency unit. The health insurance covers the admission or transfer to these units.
- Specialists fees, including consultation fees of specialists, surgeons, anesthetists and assistants during and immediately before or after surgery.
- Pathology, X-ray, diagnostic tests done in order to diagnose the patient's condition (blood tests, ECG, X-ray or ultrasound).
- Physio/Chiro/Osteotherapist, naturopath, dietician, speech therapist. The health insurance covers the costs of a treatment done by a registered medical practitioner aiming to recover or restore a function.
- Chronic conditions. Costs of treating these conditions within inpatient care.
- Rehabilitation. The costs of inpatient rehabilitation following surgery are covered up to 30 days.
- Prosthetic implants. These costs are covered as part of the medical treatment.
- Home care. In case of a hospital treatment, that is covered by this health insurance, the costs of home nursing are covered as well up to 30 days if immediately followed upon discharge, managed by a qualified nurse and prescribed by a specialist.
- Cash benefit. A lump sum cash benefit is paid in the amount of 15.000 HUF/night if the patient stays in a hospital where no fee is charged for medical treatments. (f.e. public hospital)
- Congenital and hereditary conditions. The costs of treating congenital and/or hereditary conditions are covered up to 90 days after giving birth.
Congenital disorder is an abnormality, illness, injury, deformity, etc. present at birth wether diagnosed or not.
Hereditary condition is an abnormality, illness, injury, deformity, etc. present at birth and passed down by a family member.
- Cover outside geographic area. Covered only until stable condition to transfer or up to the cash limit of 16.250.000 HUF.
- Outpatient surgery. The costs of surgical procedures performed under local anesthetic not requiring inpatient treatment are covered.
- Emergency outpatient treatment costs are covered if the services are provided in the Accident an Emergency Department.
- Cancer treatment. Costs of inpatient cancel treatments are covered by the health insurance including hospital care, chemotherapy, radiotherapy, consultation and medicine related to the treatment process.
- Transplant services. Costs of medical services related directly to the organ and/or tissue transplantation are covered only within inpatient care. The health insurance does not cover the searching, removing and transportation of the transplant organ or tissue and the costs of administration.
- Advanced imaging. Costs of advanced imaging (PET scan, CT, MRI, etc.) are covered if recommended by your specialist.
- Maternity care. Hospital fees, the fees of the obstetrician and midwife in case for natural childbirth furthermore postnatal care immediately after giving birth and the routine care for the baby up to seven days after childbirth are covered. The costs of terminating the pregnancy are covered upon the following cases: stillbirth, ectopic pregnancy and miscarriage. Available only in Hungary and after 12 months of continuous cover.
- Childbirth allowance. An amount of 97.500 HUF lump slum childcare allowance is paid if the child is born in a hospital where no fee is charged for medical treatment (f. e. public hospital).
- Newborn care. Costs of newborn care are covered up to 3.250.000 HUF within 30 days after giving birth. During these 30 days children can be added to their parents' insurance policy without exclusions (except for congenital and hereditary diseases).
- Road ambulance. If medically necessary the costs of transporting the insured to a hospital following an accident or transferring from one hospital to the other are covered using road ambulance.
- Return of mortal remains. The costs of returning the mortal remains of the insured are covered up to 3.250.000 HUF, if he/she dies away from his/her home country or country of residence.
- International Emergency Medical Evacuation with the approval of the insurance company. In case of an emergency if the local medical services are not satisfactory the health insurance covers the costs of evacuation to the nearest hospital or return the insured to his/her home country or country of residence using the most eligible means of transport available (f.e. scheduled charter flights, etc). The reasonable costs of travel and accommodation of one person accompanying the insured are covered up to 16.250 HUF/night for a maximum of 10 nights. Once the insured is fit to travel the health insurance covers the costs of returning home.
The insurance does not cover seaborne, airborne and mountain evacuation or searching of the insured and evacuation from deserts and jungles.
812.500 HUF is available annually for optional dental treatments. By various percentage of copay you can have preventive and restorative dental services just as orthodontic treatments.
- Preventive treatment costs are covered by the health insurance including check-ups, X-ray, scale and polish. Available after 6 month of continuous cover and the copay is 0%.
- Routine and restorative treatment costs are covered including fillings, bridges and crowns, implants and root canal treatment. Available after 6 month of continuous cover and the copay is 20%.
- Orthodontic treatment costs are covered up to the age of 18 and after 2 years of continuous cover. The copay is 50% on orthodontic treatments.
(Guiding price estimated for age group 31-35.)REQUEST A QUOTE